Spiced Bacon Maple Date Shortbread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 lb. Farmland by Smithfield® Hickory Smoked Honey Bacon, cooked and drained
- 2 cups dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Meal Course:Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
- Heat convection oven to 300°F. Using electric mixer, combine shortbread ingredients together in medium bowl. Press into bottom of greased 1/2 hotel pan (or 13x9x2-inch baking pan).
- Combine topping ingredients in food processor. Pulse until evenly mixed. Spread over top of shortbread.
- Bake at 300°F. for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool slightly and cut into bars to serve.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.