Pork & Rice Soft Tacos
- 2 lb. Fresh Ground Pork
- 2 (16-oz.) jars thick and chunky salsa
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 (1.25-oz.) pkg. salt free taco seasoning mix
- 24 multi grain soft taco shells, heated according to package directions
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 lb. low fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch, School Foodservice
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Cook ground pork over medium-high heat until moisture has evaporated and meat browns.
- Stir in salsa, rice, water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Turn off heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- To serve, spoon into taco shells and top with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes.
Per 1 taco serving: Calories 308, Fat 11g (Sat Fat 4g), Cholesterol 28mg,
Sodium 565mg, Carbohydrate 34g, Protein15g
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.