Pork Carnitas Tamales
- 3 lb Masa Dough, uncooked
- 1.5 lb pork carnitas
- 15 corn husks, soaked in hot water
- 10 oz Roasted Corn Pico de Gallo
- 8 fl oz Salsa Verde
- 18 fl oz Masa Harina
- 12 fl oz water, very hot
- 16 fl oz lard, chilled
- 12 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 fl oz chicken stock, grilled
- Place Masa in bowl of mixer with a paddle attachment. On low speed, slowly add the water in a constant stream.
- Add lard, salt, baking powder, chicken stock, and mix until combined.
Roasted Corn Pico de Gallo:
- 3 cups corn kernels, roasted
- 1 cup diced medium tomato
- 1 cup diced medium red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro, minced
- Lime juice, to taste
- Combine ingredients and season to taste
- 12 tomatillos
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 serrano peppers
- 8 oz cilantro
- 2 fl oz Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce
- Chare tomatillo, onion, garlic, and peppers on flat top until soft and tomatillos are light green.
- Place in robo coupe and pulse three times, then add cilantro and pulse a few more times until somewhat smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add Green Tabasco.
Meal Course:Dinner, Special Occasion
- Mold 5 oz of Masa dough into tubs, make canal on top of the tub for filling.
- Push carnitas into canal and wrap with the corn husk to seal.
- Place in steamer for 20 minutes until cooked.
- Remove and serve (or cool and reheat in steamer later).
- Serve with corn Pico and salsa on the side.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.