Pork Belly Char Siu
- 1 lb. Pork Belly, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped garlic
Char Siu Sauce
- 1 piece Chinese fermented red bean curd
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese Shaoxing wine (or sake)
- 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. mushroom soy sauce
- 1 tsp. five-spice powder
- ½ tsp. white pepper powder
- ½ cup sugar
DetailsBrands Offered: Farmland, Smithfield Culinary DURoC
- To prepare Pork Belly: In mixing bowl, massage pork belly with garlic for 5 minutes.
- To prepare Char Siu Sauce: In food processor, mix all ingredients together until smooth. Add half of Char Siu Sauce to pork belly and marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Sous vide method: Cryovac and marinate as above; sous vide for 4 hours at 175°F.
- Smoker method: Smoke for 4 hours at 250°F.
- Preheat oven to 400°F; bake pork belly skin-side down for 15 minutes; turn skin-side up, and brush with remaining Char Siu Sauce; cook for additional 15 minutes until dark brown and slightly charred.
- Serving suggestion: Slice belly; serve with brown rice, Asian greens such as Chinese watercress stir-fry and additional Char Siu Sauce for dipping.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.