Kimchi Fried Rice with Barbacoa
Kimchi Fried Rice
- 3 cups sushi rice
- 3 Tbsp. Bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped Spanish onion
- 4 cups kimchi
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. Sweetened Gochujang (recipe follows)
- 2 cups Barbacoa, pulled
- Salt, to taste
- Scallions or chives, chopped, for garnish
- 3 Tbsp. gochujang (Korean fermented chili paste)
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. corn syrup
DetailsBrands Offered: Curly’s
Meal Course:Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
- Prepare rice according to package; move to bowl and set aside.
- To prepare Sweetened Gochujang: Mix all ingredients together.
- In medium heated frying pan, sauté bacon until cooked through; add onions; cook until golden brown.
- Add kimchi and cook until caramelized.
- Add cooked rice to pan; stir-fry together with butter and Sweetened Gochujang.
- Combine with Barbacoa; season with salt.
- Garnish with chopped scallions or chives.
Suggested serving: Top with sunny-side up egg.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.