- 2 cups masa flour
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced prosciutto
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chopped poblano peppers
- ¼ cup canola oil
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Appetizer, Entrée, Sandwich
- For dough, mix masa flour with water in medium bowl with your hands until incorporated.
- Portion into roughly 70-gram dough balls and set aside.
- For filling, mix prosciutto, onions, cheese and peppers.
- Using your hands, flatten dough balls out as thin as possible.
- Add 1 Tbsp. filling in middle of dough, and slowly fold in edges until filling can’t be seen.
- Heat canola oil in cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat, and cook pupusas until crispy.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.