Italian Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 10 oz. diced capicola
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 croissants
- Avocado Aioli (recipe below)
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 oz. distilled white vinegar
- 1 ripe avocado
- Salt, to taste
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- In a sauté pan, place 1 Tbsp. butter, and begin to melt over medium heat. Toss in capicola, and begin to render.
- Once capicola has released some of its oils, add in potatoes and cook together for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, place a lid on pan and continue to cook potatoes until soft.
- In a separate nonstick pan, melt 1 Tbsp. butter. Once butter is melted and pan is hot, add in beaten eggs, season with salt and pepper, and stir until eggs are cooked.
- Slice croissant in half lengthwise. On bottom half, place capicola and potato mixture. Top with scrambled eggs. Add Avocado Aioli, sliced radishes, then top croissant, and serve.
- For Avocado Aioli, in a food processor, place egg yolks and garlic, and begin to blend.Slowly pour in oil while machine is running. Once sauce is thick, add in vinegar and avocado, and continue to puree until smooth. Season with salt.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.