Griddled Bean & Masa Cakes With Crispy Carnitas, Guacamole & Chipotle Crema
BEAN & MASA CAKES
- 1/2 cup ground cornmeal
- 4 cans black beans
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup ground crispy tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- Hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 pinch salt (to taste)
- Fresh pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 dash liquid smoke
- Drizzle olive oil
- Guacamole (to taste)
- 1 lb. Roasted & Seared Pork Shoulder
- Chipotle crema (to taste)
- Chopped cilantro (to taste)
Product:Roasted & Seared Pork Shoulder
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Appetizer, Entrée, Side Dish
- Pulse all bean & masa cake ingredients in food processor scraping down as you go.
- Take mixture and form into 2 tablespoon-sized patties and coat in excess cornmeal and place on sheet tray.
- Heat 1/4 inch oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Pan fry in batches until each side is golden brown and inside is heated through.
- Top each cake with your favorite guacamole, then crispy Roasted & Seared Pork Shoulder, and finish with a chipotle crema and chopped cilantro.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.