Cider House Pork Monte Cristo
- 2 slices raisin cinnamon swirl bread
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon cream cheese
- 3 oz. Apple Cinnamon Pork Loin, sliced thin, divided
- 2 oz. apple compote
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Heat deep fryer to 350°F.
- Spread cream cheese on both slices of bread. On bottom slice, layer 1 1/2 ounces of pork loin, apple compote, remaining pork loin and top with second slice of bread.
- Toothpick four corners of sandwich. In mixing bowl combine eggs and water; beat well. Dip sandwich in egg and deep fry approximately 1 minute or until golden brown and heated through.
- Remove toothpicks and slice sandwich into quarters. Top with powdered sugar and serve.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.