Boston Boiled Dinner
- 6-7 lb. Bone-In Pork Picnic Shoulder
- 1 Tbsp. mixed pickling spices
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 6 medium carrots, cut in 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium rutabaga, cut in 3×1 inch rectangles
- 1 small cabbage, cut in wedges
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2-3 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1-2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- Stir together the sour cream, Dijon mustard, honey, dry mustard and onion powder. Refrigerate.
- Place Pork Picnic Shoulder in Dutch oven, cover with water; add pickling spices and onion powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer, covered, 3 to 3 ½ hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork from liquid; keep warm.
- Place carrots and rutabaga in boiling liquid. Cook 10 minutes. Carefully place cabbage wedges and pepper strips over carrots and rutabaga.
- Continue to cook for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve pork shoulder and vegetables with sour cream.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.