- 1 lb. cooked Barbacoa
- 10 frozen Southern-style biscuits
- 2 cups of asadero cheese
- ¼ cup achiote paste
- 1 jar salsa verde
DetailsBrands Offered: Curly’s
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Place Barbacoa on grill; cook to desired doneness (155°F internal temperature recommended). Allow to rest 10 minutes; slice thinly.
- Roll each biscuit into ¼-inch-thick rounds on floured surface.
- Divide Barbacoa, asadero cheese and achiote paste onto center of each biscuit.
- Fold in half and crimp edges with fingers or gently press with fork to seal. Place on sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or fry at 325°F until golden brown and crispy. Cool slightly before serving.
- Garnish with salsa verde, guacamole and dipping sauce, as desired.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.