Backyard Pulled Pork
- 3 lbs. Pork Cushion
- Dry Rub (recipe to follow)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 20 hamburger buns
- BBQ sauce
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. Chipotle powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rub olive oil on surface of meat.
- Cover entire pork cushion with rub.
- Place meat in shallow roasting pan on oven rack.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- Continue to cook for about 4 hours.
- Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle, about 30 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns with BBQ sauce.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.